Information for Authors
A n n o u n c e m e n t
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 3rd International Workshop on Computer Science
and Information Technologies (CSIT)
September 21-26, 2001
Home page: http://csit.ugatu.ac.ru
The Workshop is supported by:
- Ufa State Aviation Technical University (USATU)
- State Committee of Science and Education of Republic Bashkortostan
- Ufa Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Sciencies
- Bashkirian Regional Center of Novative Information Technologies
- Russian Federal Program "Integration"
- Institute for Contemporary Education "JurInforR-MSU" (Moscow)
In collaboration with the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
|April 20, 2001
|May 20, 2001
||E-mail Notification of acceptance
|June 5, 2001
||Postscript and LaTeX Version of Paper
CSIT will be a forum for presentation of new results in research,
development, and applications in computing and information.
The organizers expect both practitioners and theorists to attend.
The workshop will consist of regular sessions with technical
contributions reviewed and selected by an international program committee,
invited talks by leading experts, tutorials, and special sections like
industrial programs and posters on ongoing research projects in
Eastern European countries.
Workshop provides special sections to Russian Foundation for Basic
Research (RFBR) contributions as well as Ph.D. students contributions.
Selected presentations and contributions are to be identified for
development into full proceeding papers. Papers with student as
a primary author will be specially considered.
The submissions will be judged not only for scientific quality but
also for suitability as a basis for broader discussion.
Place of Workshop:
The workshop will take place in Yangantau - one of the most
attractive resort of Baskortostan, situated among picturesque Ural hills.
September is the most favourable time for rest in Yangantau.
The average temperature in September is 15-25 C.
The guests are accommodated in comfortable rooms of international level.
The topics are but not limited to:
- Meta Logics
- Knowledge Representation
- Belief Networks
- Description Logics
- Relevance Theory
- AI Methodologies
- Expert Systems
- Knowledge Engineering
- Conceptual Modeling
- WWW, WISs
- Data models for the Web
- XML and semistructured data management
- Languages for the Web and XML
- Query processing and systems for the Web and XML
- Warehousing of Web data
- Data-intensive applications on the Web
- Emerging Web techniques
- E-business and e-commerce Web Applications
- B2B and B2C e-commerce solutions
- Web Community Systems
- Distance Education and Distance Learning
- Distributed and mobile agents
- Database services
- Integration of distributed object and Web technologies
- Design of CORBA, COM- and Java-based broker applications
- Wrapper libraries and wrapper implementation strategies
- Image, Video, Audio Content Analysis and Indexing/Retrieval
- Multimedia data access over internet
- Distributed multimedia applications
- Multimedia Storage Management
- Information systems and telecommunication
- Component based information systems
- Enterprise and business-process modeling
- Agent technology
- Security issues in information systems
- Agent oriented information retrieval
- Foundations of Intelligent Information agents
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Modeling and Business Process Re-engineering
- Workflow Modeling
- Knowledge Management
- Component Engineering
- Information Modeling (ER, ORM, etc.)
- Software Engineering
- Requirement Engineering
- Database Modeling
- Geographical Information Systems
- Advanced applications of databases
- Agent technology and information management
- Cooperative information systems
- Parallel and distributed database systems
- Performance and benchmarking
- Query processing and optimization
- Semi-structured data
- Storage management and access methods
- Spatial and temporal database systems
- Text database and information retrieval
- Transaction management
- Visualizing the structure and content of databases
- Web and database technology
- Conceptual Modeling in Information System
- Theoretical Foundations for Conceptual Modeling
- Models for cooperation and integration of information systems
- Databases integrators and wrappers
- Digital libraries
- DataBase Systems
- Software and Data Engineerng and CASE Methodology
- Data Models
- Data Mining
- Data Warehousing
- Internet and Databases
- Persistent Systems
- Heterogeneous and Federated Databases
- Active Databases
- Database Design
- Object Oriented Databases
- Mobile Database
- Engineering Databases
- Temporal Databases
- Multimedia Databases
- Query Languages, Query Processing, Query Optimization
- Data security
Authors are invited to submit manuscript to the address
by the submission deadline. Papers should be original work, which
has not been submitted previously or concurrently to another location.
Submitted papers must clearly describe new ideas or experimental results,
which have not been previously published in refereed journals of conferences.
Papers should clearly explain the significant contributions and their
relationship to previous work. Papers will be judged on originality,
clarity, relevance, and soundness of methodology.
Each paper should include a short abstract and a list of keywords
indicating subject classification. Authors names and institutions should be
identified on a cover page.
Papers should be written in English. Authors may submit drafts of full
papers or extended abstracts. Submissions are limited to 12 A4-size pages,
with 1 inch margins and 11 point or larger font.
Authors who feel that more details are necessary may include a clearly
marked appendix, which will be read at the discretion of the
Program Committee. If available, e-mail addresses and fax numbers
of the authors should be included.
Electronic submission is strongly
Self-contained gzipped Postscript versions of the paper may be sent by
In addition, the following information in ASCII format should be sent to
this address in a separate
Title; authors; communicating author's name, address, and e-mail address
and fax number if available, abstract of paper
The Workshop Proceedings will be published both in a hard copy and
electronically. For an accepted paper to be included in the
proceedings one of the authors must commit to presenting the paper
at the workshop. The proceedings will be available via WWW Site and
Anonymous FTP over the Internet.
Our primary communication medium will be electronic - either via the web or
by email. Therefore, it is critical that you provide an email
address with your submission so we can contact you quickly.
Please ensure that your address is present, current and correct in